Friday, February 12, 2010

Just A Thought Post

I'm super bored right now so I just decided to write a blog post about nothing in-particular.  I know what you're probably thinking: "You're in Costa Rica!! How can you be bored??"  Well there's not really very much to do where I live and all the cities are bus rides away, and I don't have anyone to go anywhere with right now.  Sooo I'm sitting at my house.  The weather is a bit cold and dreary so I can't really go anywhere anyways.

Today I had a little one-on-one meeting with Courtney just to talk about how things are going so far.  It was a nice chat.  I told her that the only thing I was really having trouble adjusting to was the lack of independence that I'm used to at home.  She assured me not to worry about wanting to go places after school or feeling bad for leaving my house so that makes me feel better about it.  I also told her that I had been looking for internships here since before I left and asked her if she or Ana or Maria would be able to help me find one for the summer.  She said that they actually have an internship program that they've just started and that they could easily help me.  She said I could even keep living with my same host family or another within the program and stay in San Josecito.  I'm really excited now and I hope something comes of it.

So far, not feeling very homesick at all.  I haven't watched any TV other than the local news and sometimes telenovelas because my mom likes them.  They are the worst things I have ever seen -- Even worse than soap operas in the States.  The other night I watched my first movie since being here, Seven Pounds, at Cody's house.  I guess I do kind of miss my movies..but only right now because I'm bored and also because I really wanted to watch Alice in Wonderland today but obviously couldn't.  Honestly...I could live here forever...
Of course I want to see my family and friends...but I already feel myself becoming a new and different person and when the day comes for me to leave it's going to be very, very difficult.  That's why I really hope I get the internship so that I can come back for the summer.  Before coming here, I had the attitude that I really wasn't ready to graduate college in a year.  I was praying that I could push it to at least a year and a half more.  I just didn't really think I felt ready to end that part of my life or try to decide what the next step is.  Now, I wish I was already done so that I could get started on life and experience and finding out what the rest of the world has to offer me.   When I think about the fact that I have to go back to school and stress and pointless classes and my old day-to-day routine in Eau Claire....I want to cry. It is just not a happy thought at all.
Oh well.  Gotta do what I gotta do to finish.  Maybe now I'll be more motivated to take some Summer or Winterim classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment